Honest Talk
I'm finding it harder each year to not say what i'm really thinking versus being socially "appropriate". I was told about someone who is going to die soon from drinking too much, and instead of saying how sorry I was I went on a tyrade about the dynamics of dysfunction. OK, not the best way to handle the situation, but I just couldn't pretend to be surprised. There should be a law passed that requires everyone to say what they really think. We could save ourselves a lot of time trying to figure out how not to, and relieve ourselves of the daily stress of having to talk to people that we just don't like. The Danes were labeled the happiest people on the planet for several years in a row now, and their secret? They don't talk to each other! Strange coming from someone who likes to talk as much as I do, huh? Seriously, you could just blurt out whatever you want. You could tell the cashier at Walmart how your armpit hairs grew three inches and your kid completed puberty by the time you got to the front of the line. Or you could tell the 400 pound heifer who has $200 worth of candy in her cart just why that new diet doesn't seem to be working out this time. Ok, so you get it, but it should be comments about their actions and not their looks. I still have some scruples left after living with you know who for all these years!
So the moral of this story is that people like me need to choose our Walmart hours more carefully.

1 Comments:
I hate Walmart as well. Luke and I have discovered that the best time to go to Walmart is between 12am and 2am.. There is no one running you over in those little scooters at that time of morning, which is one of my biggest pet peeves of shopping at Walmart.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home